Thursday, May 14, 2009

Belief-O-Matic

I just completed the course "Our Theological House" offered by Starr King School for the Ministry. The course explored Unitarian Universalism's theological roots and attempted to name some theological centers to the dynamic, diverse, contemporary movement that is Unitarian Universalism.

So, for entertainment, I took the Beliefnet.com Belief-o-matic test again. Not only was it fun to see the questions, and to be able to recognize which theological category they were attempting to assess, it was also interesting to see the results.

The top three haven't changed. Secular Humanism has risen as I've begun to listen more carefully to the reasoning behind it. That most liberal of Christian faiths (Quaker) continues to hit my top three.

I don't know if that means I'm boring and changing very little, or if it means "Phew! I picked the right religion in which to become a minister!"

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (89%)
3. Neo-Pagan (83%)
4. Secular Humanism (80%)

No comments:

Post a Comment