Thursday, July 28, 2011

alternative words to "lord of the Dance"

These words were used for the sermon on Shiva: Lord of the Dance. The author of the original lyrics was inspired by Shiva when he wrote those words about the Christian spirit of life/Christ.

I sleep in the kernel and I dance in the rain,
I dance in the wind, and through the
waving grain,
And when you cut me down, I care nothing for the pain -
In Spring I'll be the Dance again!

CHORUS

3

I dance at the circle of community

I dance in the fire and I dance the windswept tree

I dance in the waves of the bright summer sea

I am the Lord of the wave’s myst’ry

CHORUS

4
The Moon in her phases and the tides of the sea,
The movement of Earth, and the
seasons that will be
Are rhythm for the dancing and a
promise through the years -
The Dance goes on through joy and tears.

CHORUS

5
They cut me down, but I leap up high!
I am life that will never, never die.
I'll live in you and you'll live in me -
I am the Lord of the Dance, said he!

by Hilda Marshall, Marty Hale-Evans and Amy Beltaine, based on the tune by Sydney Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment